Question:
Realtor Commision?
Draco King of Dragonmen
2006-03-08 07:49:17 UTC
When searching for a new or existing home, is it wise to go through a realtor? What sort of commision or fees are associated with realtors? Are realtors really more aware of prospective properties than the average person, even with the internet?
Six answers:
ask the eightball
2006-03-08 07:59:29 UTC
Most properties you look up on the interenet are already included in a Multiple Listing Service, which means the seller is already using an agent and you're going to have to pay a commision anyway. The only way you can get around paying a commission is buying a house that is For Sale By Owner. There are sites that can help you find those as well. If you are not familiar with the market in the area you are wanting to buy in, I think you would definately be better off getting the help of a realtor. They aren't necessarily more aware of properties, but they are more aware of the market, and what is a good deal, and what isn't. By the way, the commission is included in the price, the agent just takes a percentage, usually 6%.
rodbakeriii2
2006-03-08 09:27:06 UTC
I'm a Realtor, so let me give you a real world example, and you can decide for yourself.

There are hundreds, and often thousands of properties in a given area. When I get a new client, I spend time asking for parameters (bedrooms, baths, amenities, price etc). From there, I do an initial MLS search. MLS usually beats realtor.com and many of the other sites by a couple of days, because we've got live data.

From there, I take you on an initial outing where we look at five or six properties. I use this as a chance to learn very specifically your likes/dislikes.

From there, I scour the MLS and start sorting through. Then, while you're at your job, I PREVIEW these properties, and weed out the ones I know you won't like.

Usually, I only have to show 8-10 ten homes to get one you really like. Sometimes more, but if we communicate well and I 'get' what you're looking for, we usually find it. WITHOUT your having to drag through 30+ house (and believe me that gets old fast).

Not only that, I help you negotiate. I do this every day. So I know HOW to do this, and effectively.

Also, for new construction...consider this. If you show up with a Realtor, think about how they really try to get our business. They know we always have buyers, so they have a seperate marketing budget to take care of us. We get a better deal than you just wallking up probably 9 out of 10 times. They (the builders) understand that having a relationship that benefits them over and over again is better than the one time walk up. Some people mistakenly believe that the builder will cut the price by 6% to save the commission and pass it on to you. That simply isn't the case. (I've had a friend brag about the $10,000 he negotiated a builder down, when I had the same builder call me a week prior saying they were offering $30,000 in buyer incentives).

So, to answer your question, yes. You'll save a lot of time AND money getting a Realtor to represent you!

Good luck in your home search. If you need any additional help, feel free to contact me at rodbaker@fwrealtor.com.
dc_latenight
2006-03-14 07:28:16 UTC
We are currently in the process of buying a new home. In regards to using a realtor getting a new home, it is not always the best. Yes, you do not pay the commission when purchasing, however, the money has to be paid. So if the seller is paying the commission then that effects the price you pay. For example you may be able to get $30,000 off the price of the house but if the seller has to pay $15,000 in commission then you would get perhaps only $15,000 off. So actually you would be paying. As I mentioned we are currently in that process and many builders have echoed this same thing, working with a realtor gives you less room for price adjustment.
?
2016-09-24 13:51:28 UTC
No, the cost is already agreed in the itemizing contract. It doesn’t remember in case you employ an agent or no longer, the supplier will pay the comparable value. You’re lots extra advantageous off having a ‘good’ agent signify you (no longer the itemizing agent for the supplier). no longer purely will it no longer value you, even regardless of the indisputable fact that it may shop you tens of hundreds of greenbacks and the insurance to have a expert signify you. opposite to what people have self assurance, it’s impossible to renowned the actual marketplace value devoid of the adventure of somebody that does this corporation popular. value determinations are performed basically by way of finding on the valuables and then finding at a gaggle of numbers on the computing device of different homes in the community. Realtors certainly been contained in the homes and you already know homes contained in the comparable community aren’t the comparable. Your Realtor will additionally negotiate for you which ones is an artwork and not some selection thrown around. undergo in recommendations, it extremely is a house and a large investment. Do you relatively have self assurance which you already know each thing approximately actual materials in case you don’t do this job popular? come across a Realtor, its purely on your superb activity.
dlbalderston089
2006-03-08 07:58:17 UTC
The seller will be paying the commission and their Realtor will split the commission with your Realtor. It will definitely save you time looking for a home.
l♠dy de♠th
2006-03-08 07:53:58 UTC
Realtors have access to the MLS (multiple Listing Service) that will get your house sold quicker..that is the bottom line..

In VA average commission is 6%.